ISS Security Guard Training Classes
8 hour Pre-Assignment Training Course
The 8 hour Pre-Assignment Training Course for Security Guards, which is a requirement for all individuals seeking employment as security guards in New York State. All instructors providing New York State mandated pre-assignment training must be certified through the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS)/Security Guard Program (SGP) in accordance with Part 6029 of the New York State Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations. The mandated 8 hour pre-assignment course may only be administered by an approved security Guard training school in an approved classroom setting. Independent Security Services meets these requirements and is "an approved Security Guard Training School".
Some of the topics in the 8 hour Pre-Assignment Training Course include:
- Role of a Security Guard
- Legal Powers and Limitations
- Emergency Situations
- Communications and Public Relations
- Access Control
- Ethics and Conduct
16 Hour On-the-Job Training
The General 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards was developed by the Security Guard Program (SGP) in response to requests from within the security guard industry. It is mandated by law that security guards complete 16 hours of on-the-job training. However, this specific version is optional. A school may develop their own program based on the Course topics and objectives.
Anyone may attend the On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards, however, in order to maintain a Security Guard Registration Card issued by the NYS Department of State, Division of Licensing Services, each student must:
- Successfully complete the On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards within 90 days of first employment.
- Annually complete an 8 Hour Annual In-service Training Course for Security Guards.
Some of the topics in the 16 hour On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards include:
- Report Writing
- Overview of the Incident Command System
- Terrorism Related Topics
The School Director for Independent Security Services is Anthony R. Strollo, owner/operator of Independent Security Services and a Certified Instructor through the New York State Division of Criminal Justices Services (DCJS). Mr. Strollo's background includes:
- 20 years of Service with the New York State Police
- Masters Degree in Criminal Justice from Long Island University
- 10 Years with the Department of Public Safety at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 3 years of Active Military Service with the U.S. Army
- 2 years as a Correction Officer at Sing Sing and Attica Prison
- Author of "Four Long Days: Return to Attica" published in 1994
- Former Adjunct Professor at Hudson Valley Community College
- Current Licensed Private Investigator in New York State
- Current Licensed Private Investigator in the State of Florida
- Business Owner in the State of Florida (Independent Security Services, Fl Div.)
- Executive Protection Specialist
- Graduate of the Executive Protection Institute in Berryville, Virginia, also Graduate of the Advanced Executive Protection Program
Mr. Strollo also selects the best from a pool of Certified Instructors in the Capital District whenever classes are conducted. In addition, Mr. Strollo is there at every class to take part in the instructions.
There are always a number of different schools you can attend to obtain your certificate, however, if you are looking for a school with a "passion for excellence", you don't have to look any further. We are Independent Security Services....the Best in the Business!!! We may not be the cheapest but we are the BEST!! Call or email Tony to register for an upcoming class. Albany Office #(518) 489-8303; Email: email@example.com